Developer Evangelist (Global)
Smart contracts are on track to revolutionize how all agreements work, through an entirely new system of technologically enforced contract guarantees. Chainlink enables next-generation smart contracts that can be written about any/all events in the real world, the details of our approach can be found in our whitepaper. We are well recognized for providing highly secure and reliable blockchain connectivity to the world's largest enterprises such as Google, Oracle, SWIFT, and many more. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the top companies developing cutting-edge blockchain technology while working closely together with a team of experienced senior developers.
About the Role
Chainlink’s developer evangelist is responsible for getting the word out about Chainlink, inspiring and educating developers on smart contracts/oracles, and creating a following for Chainlink as a developer brand. You will be one-part developer with reputable technical credentials, one-part educator passionate about sharing his/her craft, and one-part evangelist showcasing the unique benefits of using Chainlink in decentralized applications.
- Represent Chainlink at developer conferences and events by giving speeches, doing live demos of Chainlink, and interacting with attendees
- Take the lead in Chainlink’s own developer events making them best-in-class and catered towards developers
- Inspire and equip developers to use Chainlink. Support Chainlink developers when they need a hand, building a following for yourself and Chainlink
- Contribute to Chainlink’s library of How To’s and Sample Code
- Create and publish technical content (blog posts, troubleshooting/FAQ, case studies, and videos) that will get developers excited about the potential of Chainlink as a developer tool
- Engage with the community via the most popular online mediums, e.g. Github, StackOverflow, Telegram, Discord, etc.
- Be an active and authentic participant in the blockchain and Ethereum developer communities wherever they gather, online and offline
- Provide end-user feedback to Chainlink's Product Management and Engineering teams based on what you’re seeing and hearing in the community
- Pursue general open source growth opportunities and best practices, such as bug reports, bounties programs, and sandboxes
- 4-6 years’ experience in the software industry working as a developer, evangelist, or dev-tools expert
- Passion for the blockchain space and its power to change the world for the better
- Strong engineering skills; experience in building web and/or mobile applications
- Strong technical writing skills; ability to clearly communicate complex ideas and concepts
- Social and hustling skills; a desire to get out and meet people
- Solid public speaking experience with a comfort level around coding in front of a live audience
- Passion to inspire and educate fellow developers
- Experience in a developer evangelist role
- Ability to work in a startup environment
- Willingness to travel and work irregular hours when required
- Community experience including organizing meetups
- Understanding of the blockchain ecosystem
- Passion for building a developer community around the world and desire to invest your energy to make them better
This role is location agnostic. You can be based in a major metro area within the US with access to direct flights.
*Chainlink is an Equal Opportunity Employer.*