Global Community Advocate (Global)
Smart contracts are on track to revolutionize how all agreements work, through an entirely new system of technologically enforced contract guarantees. Chainlink enables next-generation smart contracts that can be written about any/all events in the real world, the details of our approach can be found in our whitepaper. We are well recognized for providing highly secure and reliable blockchain connectivity to the world's largest enterprises such as Google, Oracle, SWIFT, and many more. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the top companies developing cutting-edge blockchain technology while working closely together with a team of experienced senior executives.
About this Role
As the Global Community Advocate, you will be an integral part of the Chainlink marketing team. You will oversee a large and growing team of city ambassadors around the world in organizing in-person events. Personally, you'll also manage a few meetups in key cities. You’ll be an essential force for developing a strong community passionate about connected smart contracts. You will become known as a respected figure within both the Chainlink community and the greater blockchain industry.
- Lead and motivate a large and growing team of city ambassadors around the world. Help them create successful meetups in their local communities
- Be the first point of contact for projects and businesses interested in working or integrating Chainlink and connect these projects with the Chainlink business development team
- Organize meetups across the United States, and possibly around the world, including inviting speakers, coordinating logistics, and promoting the events in their respective local communities
- Become a respected member of the community and a go-to source of Chainlink information and resources
- Present at industry and partner events, meetups and conferences
- Manage Chainlink presence at meetups, conferences, and hackathons
- Collaborate with the rest of the marketing team to spread the Chainlink vision and a future of connected smart contracts
- Bachelor’s degree or above and 4+ years of work experience
- Organized, resourceful and self-starter
- Ability to motivate and encourage remote team members
- Ability to take complex concepts and explain them in easy to understand language
- Solid public speaking experience with a comfort level around coding in front of a live audience
- A friendly people person who loves meeting and connecting with new people and community members
- Active social media user on Twitter, Telegram and other channels
- Established and grown a community such as a meetup, online forum, etc.
- Experience organizing meetups and events
- Passion for building welcoming and inclusive blockchain communities around the world
- Passion for the blockchain space and its power to change the world for the better
- Willingness to travel
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world. Though we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
*Chainlink is an Equal Opportunity Employer.*