Head of Communications (Global)
Smart contracts are on track to revolutionize how all agreements work, through an entirely new system of technologically enforced contract guarantees. Chainlink enables next-generation smart contracts that can be written about any/all events in the real world, the details of our approach can be found in our whitepaper. We are well recognized for providing highly secure and reliable blockchain connectivity to the world's largest enterprises such as Google, Oracle, SWIFT, and many more. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the top companies developing cutting-edge blockchain technology while working closely together with a team of experienced senior executives.
About this Role
As the Head of Communications, you'll lead global brand marketing and creative strategies for all external communications including the website, PR, blog, research, social media, speaking appearances, and more. You will be behind Chainlink's public brand and work directly with our CMO and executive team to strategize, design, and execute the communications strategy for our product globally.
- Create a compelling brand message and thought leadership point of view; shape the global narrative around smart contracts and Chainlink's role within it
- Develop and execute a world-class media strategy that shares the Chainlink story across the international business, trade (blockchain / tech) and mainstream press
- Oversee all external communications including Chainlink product launches and third party ecosystem announcements with partners, projects, node operators, integrators, users, etc.
- Oversee creation of a large range of content including press releases, media pitches, and all other materials required to support communications, public relations, and analyst relations strategies
- Partner with our PR agency to drive meaningful coverage across press, podcast, video and other media
- Strengthen the relationships with top research analysts through one-on-one engagements, briefings, and proactive outreaches
- Create and execute a comprehensive global content strategy; work with country managers to localize content across various geographies
- Oversee social media strategy (Twitter, etc.)
- Pitch and manage speaking opportunities at conferences and other in-person events
- Collaborate with the executive team to develop their point of view and provide media training/coaching as needed to help establish them as experts in the field
- Develop a crisis communications practice and playbook
- Build and lead a team of exceptional communications professionals; manage a team of writers, videographers, and content producers
- Constantly monitor for breaking news, trends, and industry updates
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world. Though we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
*Chainlink is an Equal Opportunity Employer.*